When you register to play for MVYSA, you will be required to agree to the terms contained in our club By-Laws and our Operating Policies. There are many details included in these documents. Some of the key items involve payment expectations, refund policies, cancellation of registrations for non-payment, Conduct expectations, and special requests for registrations.
Both documents are also available on the By-Laws & Policies page. Again, all players and parents who complete registrations with MVYSA agree to abide by our By-Laws and our Operating Policies.
Please read before registering.
fall season registration is open now!!
Notes for those registering for older age groups (U-13 and U-14):
- Registration for the U-13 and U-14 age groups will be conducted as separate categories. However, parents and players are being advised that it is very likely that players in these age groups will be combined into one age classification. A final decision will depend upon our registration numbers, as well as the other clubs within SKVYSA This decision is not very likely to be made until sometime in August. Due to this, parents are being advised, again, to closely read our refund policies. We will NOT issue refunds because a parent objects to their player playing with / against (one year) older kids. Also due to this, we will not accept "play-up" requests for players who are supposed to be in the U-12 age category if it will result in a two-year age "play-up".
- Online registration is only available for players who are U-14 and below. This does not mean that we cannot form teams for older players. If you are interested in playing on a U-15 or older team, please come to an In-person registration or contact Brien Reed at: firstname.lastname@example.org . We will establish a list of interested players. If there is enough interest, we will get teams registered and formed. Some items that parents should be aware of regarding this:
- A lot of the players are involved in High School sports (particularly girls soccer) and don't want to play on 2 teams at the same time. Therefore, getting enough players to form teams is very difficult.
- There would be a very high likelihood that the games would be scheduled on Sundays for these age groups. That tends to present a conflict with church for some families. Any families signing up for this would need to be warned of that in advance. This is something that MVYSA cannot control.
- There would definitely be more travel involved for away matches. Travel to south Snohomish County or north King County should be expected. (Home matches would still be at Bakerview Park.)
- We would have to charge players more for this due to additional costs to the club for these age groups (exact amount is not yet determined, but is expected to be about $15 to $17 per player, above our normal registration fee)
General Registration Details (2013):
- All refund requests will be assessed a $5.00 per player Administrative Fee. This fee will be deducted from all refunds, even if you live outside our operating area and registered here in error.
- The deadline for regular registration is June 30th. Registrations must be paid to be complete. Registrations received on or after July 1st will be subject to an additional $15.00 late fee and will be processed only if space is available. Please remember, mailed registrations must also be RECEIVED by June 30th.
- Regular registration cost: Pee-Wee Kicks (U-5) $55. U-6 & U-7 (micro) $70. U-8 & older $90. For those who may be unfamiliar with the age groups, "U" means "under" and is determined by your child's age on July 31st. For example: A child who is 8 years old on July 31st will be assigned to our U-9 division. A child who turns 8 on August 1st (or after) will play in the U-8 division, since they were still 7 years old on July 31st.
- Cash discount: We offer a discount of $5.00, per player, for those who pay by check or cash (also available to late registrations). When sending in your registration form and payment, simply deduct the discount from the amount show above for "Regular registration cost". It is your responsibility to deduct this. We will not issue refunds for this if you forget.
- Checks are no longer being accepted for online registration. Online registration will now only accept credit/debit cards. We will still accept checks/cash. To pay by check, you have two options:
1. Attend one of our In-Person Registration sessions. These are posted on the "events" page.
2. You can download, print, fill out, and mail a registration form (see link below) with your check. This form also includes the "concussion awareness/information" form that we are required by Washington State laws to have signed. A separate form is required for each child. Don't forget to deduct your "cash discount". Please mail the completed form and payment to:
P.O. Box 932
Mt. Vernon, WA. 98273
- If your child has not played soccer with MVYSA, a copy of your child's birth certificate will be required. (Please make sure it is a copy, as we will need to keep it.)
- If you have questions, please contact the registrar at: email@example.com
- If you wish to register in-person, the dates, times, and locations can be found on the 'events' page.
- PLEASE update your child's registration profile.
Pay particular attention to uniform sizes. Remember, kids do tend to grow occasionally. Every year, we get parents who are unhappy that the uniform that their child received does not fit. This is usually due to the parent failing to update the profile information. If you receive the sizes that were listed in the profile and the uniform is too small or too large, the parent will be responsible for the cost of a replacement. Please also pay attention to the difference between "youth" and "adult" sizes (YS, YM, & YL are "youth" sizes. AS, AM, & AL are "adult" sizes). All sock sizes are adult sizes.
To register online as a coach, simply click the same registration link above. Follow the same procedures as a player registration. However, when offered the choice, select "Coach" registration instead of "Player" registration.
We have a very limited amount of money available to assist families who might not otherwise be able to afford player registration fees. The amount of each approved application for scholarship assistance can vary, but will typically result in a 40% to 50% reduction of the player registration fee.
Scholarship applications will be available at our in-person registration only. Scholarship applications will be neither distributed nor accepted via e-mail / internet. The deadline for scholarship applications is June 17th. All applications must be received by this date.
Last update:15 April 2013